Learn with Focus. Lead with Purpose.
As public-sector leaders' careers continue to shift between the government, business and non-profit sectors, they require the expertise to operate successfully across all realms. The online Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) in Non-Profit Management from Seton Hall University provides these skills. This M.P.A. degree program provides a deeper understanding of how you can address the injustices you see in the world.
You will develop the foundation and tools you need to turn theory into practice and make a difference as a versatile non-profit leader whose skills are transferable across sectors.
Under Three Years
The Seton Hall M.P.A. is a NASPAA-accredited program. The online MPA focuses on non-profit management, integrates government elements into each of the courses. In a curriculum mapped to Nonprofit Academic Centers Council (NACC) guidelines, you will learn through courses in nonprofit leadership and management, public finance, research and statistical analysis, human resource management, collaborative decision making, public policy, ethics, and social advocacy.
You will gain an understanding of the philanthropic sector as well as develop skills in areas that include social entrepreneurship, leadership and management, board staff relations, fundraising, volunteer management, and grantsmanship.
You will graduate with the knowledge and skills you need to effectively run and manage non-profit and government organizations to create positive societal change. This highly respected program, which ranked #17 nationally for Non-Profit Management from U.S. News & World Report, will prepare you to effect positive change as a non-profit leader.
Acquire the tools and skillsets to turn proven theory into practice. Learn to effectively operate and manage organizations focused on elevating communities and society.
Program Learning Outcomes
In this online M.P.A. degree program, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the interdisciplinary and cross-sector nature of public service.
- Build the ability to manage across the traditional public service boundaries that often exist between the private and public non-profit sectors.
- Recognize the importance of collaboration, openness and transparency in public service problem solving.
- Learn to apply collaborative models of leadership, management and service.
- Gain an understanding of the importance and core centrality of adhering to the highest ethical standards in performing public service duties.
- Challenge your existing ethical beliefs and values while developing an understanding of those with different ethical perspectives.