Provide effective patient-focused care while balancing the budget and streamlining operations. Study all aspects of hospital administration as well as nursing. Graduate ready to assume management positions in nursing or patient services.
When you earn your online M.S.N., Health Systems Administration with Case Management (M.S.N., H.S.A.) from Seton Hall University, you graduate ready to successfully perform as an executive nurse in today’s healthcare environment. You will have the skills in nursing, finance, strategic planning, operations and care delivery to advocate for quality care while addressing the realities of cost. You will also study with an institution that is a longtime leader in compassionate and forward-looking care.
Prepare for Health Services Manager roles that are projected to grow 17% over the next decade and offer a median salary of $94,500.*
Seton Hall M.S.N., H.S.A.: Become a Leader in Quality Care
- Learn in a high-quality CCNE-accredited program taught by distinguished practitioner faculty, 80% of whom hold doctoral nursing degrees.
- Gain exposure to patient care operations and nursing and non-nursing executives through a managed care and reimbursement internship and a managerial internship in health systems administration.
- Receive the breadth of learning you need for administrative nursing roles through an annual research day, regular case analysis, field research, interviews and budget creation.
- Study at a Catholic university in a values-based curriculum that instills a commitment to lifelong learning, service and leadership for the greater good of patients.
- Upon completion, graduates can sit for the American College of Healthcare Executive Board of Governors Examination to achieve Diplomat Status (ACHE) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Nursing Administrator Exam or the Commission for Case Manager Certificate Examination (CCMC).
- Founded in 1937, the College of Nursing at Seton Hall was the first school in New Jersey and the first Catholic college on the East Coast to offer an undergraduate program in nursing.
Program Fast Facts
- 30 credits to complete
- Earn your degree in 2 years
- Ranked #76 Best Nursing School by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked among the top 20 online master's degree programs in nursing administration and leadership by Healthcare Management Degree Guide
An online M.S.N., H.S.A. from Seton Hall University provides the immersive experiences and quality education you need to cost-effectively lead the provision of quality care to make a difference for patients. Contact an Admissions Advisor at (844) 823-1198 to learn more or complete the form.
*Median salary figures from Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17, accessed at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.