Below are some answers to commonly asked questions about Seton Hall University’s online M.S.P.A. program.
Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.S.P.A. offered by Seton Hall University?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors in a fully online format.
What are the admissions requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on criteria that include:
- $75 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- GPA 3.0
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Statement of purpose addresses your reason for pursuing graduate study
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague or faculty member
- GRE – Quant 152; Verbal 152 or the equivalent of a 500 on the GMAT.
For International Students Only:
- TOEFL 80 or higher
- IELTS 6.0 or higher
GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for the following:
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher or
- A graduate degree in any discipline, from an accredited academic institution or
- Completion of a Stillman School of Business graduate certificate within the last 5 years with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher or
- Successful completion of a professional certifying exam from the United States (i.e., CPA, CFA, etc.) or
- 5 years of significant professional, quantitative or entrepreneurial work experience, also referred to as the Alternate Route Admission Program
How long will the program take to complete?
This M.S.P.A. program takes 12-24 months to complete.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
No. The degree is fully online, with no residency or campus visits required.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Tuition for the 30-credit program costs $1,305 per credit hour, for a total program tuition of $39,150.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. Seton Hall University’s online M.S.P.A program is among the top 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have achieved both business and accounting accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What will I learn in the program?
- Develop strong research skills.
- Build a foundation in the uniform commercial code.
- Gain exposure to the basic areas of taxation for business entities.
- Study an array of advanced accounting topics, including international accounting, accounting information systems, financial statement analysis and other subjects.
- Develop the written communication, presentation, technology, analytical and problem-solving skills you need to begin and sustain an accounting career.
- Learn to recognize and effectively respond to ethical issues you might confront in your accounting practice.
What differentiates this program from others?
Seton Hall University’s online M.S.P.A. program stands apart with:
- Flexibility to choose 21 of your 30 credits in electives in order to focus on your specific area of interest.
- Dedicated career center professionals to support students.
- A focus on the student’s future in accounting to realize career success that supports, but also goes beyond earning the CPA credential.
- A curriculum that utilizes practical, hands-on activities, case-studies and use of enterprise applications to enhance existing skills.
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
How do I begin the application process?
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at (844) 823-1198 or Request More Information.