Be the Lifeline for Those Who Are Struggling Mentally
- 49 credits
- Complete in 3 years
- College of Nursing is CCNE accredited
Prepare to assess, diagnose and treat individuals and families with psychiatric disorders as their primary provider throughout their lifespan.
In our online M.S.N. in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (P.M.H.N.P.) program, you'll learn more than just tactical diagnostic and treatment skillsets. You'll understand how to build key relationships that can further your efforts, communicate effectively and successfully solve problems.
You'll emerge from the program as a collaborative leader who demonstrates ethical decision-making and critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Build and Grow Your Knowledge Throughout Our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program
The curriculum for the online P.M.H.N.P. program builds your knowledge of mental health issues in age order from childhood through senior living, so you can understand how issues arise and evolve throughout a person's lifetime.
You'll study how to treat and diagnose simple and complex issues while you master how to use research to develop, assess and refine educational materials to better treat and educate clients and communities.
Why Choose the Online M.S.N. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program at Seton Hall?
- Career-Focused. The online P.M.H.N.P. program integrates 600 clinical hours of practice and prepares you to sit for ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing board certification.
- Supportive. Experienced faculty provide close mentoring and career support. They also help connect you with preceptors for clinical practice.
- Ethical. Learn at a Catholic university in a values-based curriculum that instills a commitment to lifelong learning, service and leadership for the greater good of patients.
- Resourceful. Get the career resources and connections you need to fulfill the industry’s current nurse practitioner shortage.
Learn from Experienced Faculty
Our online M.S.N. psychiatric nurse practitioner program is staffed by experienced faculty, who all hold Ph.D. or DNP degrees and who are eager to mentor you. You'll work with them directly in regularly scheduled personal advising sessions, chat with them on discussion boards and personally via phone, video chat or email as needed. They are dedicated to your success in this critical profession.