Complete your application in 3 weeks and have your application fee waived.***
Learn to Provide Advanced Mental Health Services with a Degree from New Jersey’s Top Online Graduate Nursing School*
- 49 credits
- Complete in 3-4 years
- College of Nursing is CCNE accredited
- BSN required for acceptance
Prepare to assess, diagnose and treat individuals and families with psychiatric disorders as their primary provider throughout their lifespan.
In our online M.S.N. in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (P.M.H.N.P.) program, you'll learn more than just tactical diagnostic and treatment skillsets. You'll understand how to build key relationships that can further your efforts, communicate effectively and successfully solve problems.
You'll emerge from the program as a collaborative leader who demonstrates ethical decision-making and critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Is This Program Right For You?
The online MSN in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program is for students with their BSN looking to advance their nursing career. This program will build your knowledge of mental health issues in age order from childhood through senior living, so you can understand how issues arise and evolve throughout a person's lifetime.
You'll study how to treat and diagnose simple and complex issues while you master how to use research to develop, assess and refine educational materials to better treat and educate clients and communities.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
- B.S.N. from an N.L.N.A.C. or C.C.N.E. accredited program
- 1 year of RN experience in Psychiatric Mental Health or equivalent experience as health care provider
- Statement of professional goals
- Registered professional nurse licensure in U.S. state of practice and New Jersey if clinical performed in New Jersey
- $75 application fee***
- Two letters of reference—one academic and one professional. The professional reference must be from a supervisor with an MSN degree. Two professional references are acceptable if the applicant has been out of school for five or more years.
- TOEFL scores (minimum scores of 22 in reading, 22 in listening, 26 in speaking and 24 in writing) and WES reports for all nurses educated outside of the United States and/or educated in a language other than English
Learn more about the program’s objectives, what it’s like to learn online, the resources we have to assist you throughout your education, and career paths after graduation by attending a virtual information session.
Why Choose the Online M.S.N. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program at Seton Hall?
- Career-Focused. The online P.M.H.N.P. program integrates 600 clinical hours of practice and prepares you to sit for ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing board certification.
- Supportive. Experienced faculty provide close mentoring and career support. They also help connect you with preceptors for clinical practice.
- Ethical. Learn at a Catholic university in a values-based curriculum that instills a commitment to lifelong learning, service and leadership for the greater good of patients.
- Resourceful. Get the career resources and connections you need to fulfill the industry’s current nurse practitioner shortage.
Learn from Experienced Faculty
Our online M.S.N. psychiatric nurse practitioner program is staffed by experienced faculty, who all hold Ph.D. or DNP degrees and who are eager to mentor you. You'll work with them directly in regularly scheduled personal advising sessions, chat with them on discussion boards and personally via phone, video chat or email as needed. They are dedicated to your success in this critical profession.