Complete your application in 3 weeks and have your application fee waived.*
Below are some answers to commonly asked questions about Seton Hall University’s online M.S.A.C. program.
Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.S.A.C. offered by Seton Hall University?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors in a fully online format.
What are the admissions requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on criteria that include:
- $75 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- GPA 3.0
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Statement of purpose addresses your reason for pursuing graduate study
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague or faculty member
- GRE – Quant 152; Verbal 152 or the equivalent of a 500 on the GMAT.
For International Students Only:
- TOEFL 80 or higher
- IELTS 6.0 or higher
GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for the following:
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher or
- A graduate degree in any discipline, from an accredited academic institution or
- Completion of a Stillman School of Business graduate certificate within the last 5 years with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher or
- Successful completion of a professional certifying exam from the United States (i.e., CPA, CFA, etc.) or
- 5 years of significant professional, quantitative or entrepreneurial work experience, also referred to as the Alternate Route Admission Program
How long will the program take to complete?
The M.S.A.C. program can be completed in less than 2 years.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
No. The degree is fully online, with no residency or campus visits required. There are multiple live sessions throughout the semester that all students are invited to attend in person.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
The tuition for the 30-credit program costs $1,350 per credit hour for a total tuition cost of $40,500.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. Seton Hall University’s online M.S.A.C. program is among the top 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have achieved both business and accounting accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What will I learn in the program?
- Develop technical knowledge of financial statement preparation within the framework of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Gain an understanding of the internal reporting responsibilities of a manager including capital budgeting, cost systems, performance evaluation and profitability analysis.
- Build a solid foundation in the auditing profession, the audit process (including the application of business cycles) and other assurance services.
- Gain exposure to an array of advanced accounting topics, including but not limited to international accounting, accounting information systems, and financial statement analysis.
- Develop the written communication, presentation, technology, and analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to begin an accounting career.
- Gain a foundation in the regulatory and legal environment surrounding business practices.
- Build strong research skills in financial accounting.
- Build a foundation in uniform commercial code.
- Gain exposure to basic areas of taxation for business entities and individuals.
- Learn to recognize and respond to ethical issues you might confront in accounting practices.
What differentiates this program from others?
Seton Hall University’s online M.S.A.C. program stands apart with:
- An opportunity for students with little accounting coursework to complete all CPA requirements, prepare for the exam and start a career in a relatively short period of time.
- Beyond the CPA credential, students will take the courses they need focus on their future career success.
- The emphasis on hands-on activities that build skills. For example, students work on a simulated audit using SAP enterprise software.
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you. If you attend the live sessions in person or log in virtually for the live events, there will be set times you must attend.
What are the live sessions? Do I have to attend?
Each course in the Fall and Spring semesters will have four to five live sessions where students will be invited to interact with each other, take part in group projects, engage with professors, and experience guest speakers. All students (online and on campus) are invited to attend, but it is not required for those in the online program to attend live. Students also have the option of attending virtually or viewing the recording at a later date.
How do I begin the application process?
Will this program help me sit for the CPA?
Yes. This program fulfills the educational requirements that undergraduate business graduates need to sit for the CPA exam in New York and New Jersey. To sit for the CPA Exam in New Jersey, applicants must have completed at least 24 credit hours in accounting and taxation and at least 24 credit hours in non-accounting, business courses. These requirements can be satisfied by any combination of undergraduate and graduate credits. Applicants from other states should become familiar with their state’s individual CPA Exam requirements at www.nasba.org.
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at (844) 823-1198 or Request More Information.
*Seton Hall University will waive the $75 application fee for qualified students who submit a completed application within a 3 week period for our 2021-2022 start dates to one of the following online programs: M.S.N. in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science in Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) or Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.C.).The fee waiver program is for United States citizens and permanent residents only and is subject to change without notice. Fees paid previously are non-refundable. Connect with your enrollment counselor for more information.