Complete your application in 3 weeks and have your application fee waived.**
Meet the Demand for Nursing Excellence
- 48 credits
- Complete in 3-4 years
- Primary & Acute tracks
- CCNE accredited
- Nationally ranked
The online Master of Science in Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (M.S.N., A.G.N.P.) program prepares you to practice as a nurse practitioner serving adult to elderly populations in acute or primary care settings.
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to provide a range of healthcare services that promote wellness, prevent illness and manage the health and illness needs of adults across their lifespan. You will choose a track in either Primary Care or Acute Care based on your career aspirations. Students graduate prepared to take the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care or Primary Care certification exams through ANCC and AANPCB. Graduates of the Acute Care track may also take the certification exam through the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN).
Building on Seton Hall’s long history of excellence in nursing education, the M.S.N., A.G.N.P. program offers a values-based curriculum that will enable you to excel as a member of interprofessional healthcare teams, to succeed as a servant leader, to provide evidence-based compassionate care, and to improve your community and the nursing profession.
- Learn to communicate in a scholarly manner.
- Think critically and creatively in solving problems and making decisions.
- Design and provide care based on “best evidence.”
- Act as a servant leader in a global society.
Online M.S.N., Adult Gerontology Primary Care Infosessions
Tune in to discover how an M.S.N. in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care will equip you with the necessary skills to combat issues facing 21st century health care. Led by Program Director Joyce Maglione, Ph.D., come learn about New Jersey's #1 ranked Online Graduate Nursing Program and get your questions answered.
The next virtual infosession is Wednesday, December 7 at 12 p.m.
Online M.S.N., Adult Gerontology Acute Care Infosessions
Tune in to discover how an M.S.N. in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care will equip you with the necessary skills to combat issues facing 21st century health care. Led by Program Director Mary Ellen Roberts, D.N.P., R.N., come learn about New Jersey's #1 ranked Online Graduate Nursing Program and get your questions answered.
The next virtual infosession is Tuesday, December 6 at 7:30 p.m.
Why Choose Seton Hall’s M.S.N., A.G.N.P. Program?
- Quality: Study in a high-quality program that has led to a 100% pass rate of the AANPCB exams for primary care graduates over the past five years. Students in the Acute Care AGNP program take either the ANCC or AACN certification exam. Seton Hall's overall pass rate on these exams is 95%.
- Practicality: Develop the skills to manage the health and illness of patients based on the analysis of health histories, physical exams and developmental and behavioral assessments in either acute or primary care settings.
- One-on-one attention: Experience an immersive education from hands-on faculty who provide close mentoring and career support.
- Ethics: Learn at a Catholic university in a values-based curriculum that instills a commitment to lifelong learning, service and leadership for the greater good of patients.
- Career connections: Receive the career resources and connections you need to fill the industry’s current nurse practitioner shortage.
- A tradition of innovation: Founded in 1937, the College of Nursing at Seton Hall was the first university in New Jersey and the first Catholic college on the East Coast to offer an undergraduate program in nursing.