Complete your application in 3 weeks and have your application fee waived.*
A career as a nurse practitioner positions you to meet a growing need for advanced practitioners in the nursing field. According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, there are currently 234,000 licensed nurse practitioners, compared with 106,000 in 2004, and the number is expected to keep on rising. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that roles for advanced practice registered nurses will increase 45% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the 4% average growth expected across all occupations.1
Graduates of the M.S.N., A.G.N.P. program will be ready to practice in any adult primary care setting, including:
- Occupational Health
- Long-term care
- Palliative care
In addition to enjoying a wide variety of career opportunities, nurse practitioner roles are also typically high-paying position.
National average salary for Nurse Practitioners is $111,840. New Jersey pays 10.7% more than the national average.2
Adult gerontology nurse practitioner jobs are expected to increase in the coming years due to trends in the health care industry that include:
- A shortage of primary care physicians that is resulting in advanced practice nurses being assigned additional patient care responsibilities.
- An increased demand for primary care nurses. In 2011, more than half of nurse practitioners were employed in delivering primary care.
- A growing demand for outpatient center staff to treat patients who are discharged quickly from hospitals, but still need additional care.
- An ongoing need for nurse practitioners in underserviced and rural areas that are served by few physicians.
- An increased need for specialized nursing knowledge. The number of M.S.N. graduates with a specialization in Adult Health Nursing has increased since 2010 by 57 percent.3
An online M.S.N., A.G.N.P. from Seton Hall University provides the immersive experiences and quality education you need to become highly qualified nurse practitioner and excel in your career. Learn more about your next step in this high-demand field by contacting an Online Admissions Counselor at (844) 823-1198 or requesting more information.
Seton Hall University is able to offer these online programs to select states in the U.S., but is still awaiting full approval from other states. Please consult the State Authorizations page to determine if you are located in a state in which Seton Hall University can confer an online degree or call us at (844) 823-1198 for any questions.
2 “Occupational Employment and Wages May 2019 - 29-1171 Nurse Practitioners.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Accessed on November 17, 2020. www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291171.htm#nat.
*Seton Hall University will waive the $75 application fee for qualified students who submit a completed application within a 3 week period for our 2021 -2022 start dates to one of the following online programs: Master of Public Administration, M.S.N. in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science in Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) or Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.C.).The fee waiver program is for United States citizens and permanent residents only and is subject to change without notice. Fees paid previously are non-refundable. Connect with your enrollment counselor for more information.)