Below are some answers to commonly asked questions about Seton Hall University’s online M.B.A. program.
Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.B.A. offered by Seton Hall University?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors in a fully online format.
What are the admissions requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on criteria that include:
- $75 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- GPA 3.0
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Statement of purpose addresses your reason for pursuing graduate study
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague or faculty member
- GRE – Quant 152; Verbal 152 or the equivalent of a 500 on the GMAT.
For International Students Only:
- TOEFL 80 or higher
- IELTS 6.0 or higher
GMAT/GRE requirement is waived for the following:
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher or
- A graduate degree in any discipline, from an accredited academic institution or
- Completion of a Stillman School of Business graduate certificate within the last 5 years with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher or
- Successful completion of a professional certifying exam from the United States (i.e., CPA, CFA, etc.) or
- 5 years of significant professional, quantitative or entrepreneurial work experience, also referred to as the Alternate Route Admission Program
How long will the program take to complete?
The MBA program takes 24 to 36 months to complete.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
The degree is almost entirely online, except for a two-day on-campus orientation residency that is required for new students. The orientation program’s cost is included as part of the overall program tuition, except for travel costs, which are the responsibility of the student.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Tuition for the 40-credit M.B.A. program is $1,279 per credit hour, for a total cost of $51,160.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. The M.B.A. program is among the top 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have achieved both business and accounting accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What will I learn in the program?
- Build your functional and cross-functional business knowledge in an integrative manner.
- Learn to apply critical thinking and analysis skills to complex business situations and problems.
- Build the management skills to anticipate, identify, and respond to changes in global environments and articulate how to strategically leverage international opportunities.
- Develop the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate in a wide variety of business settings with diverse audiences.
- Build the leadership skills necessary to foster community, achieve consensus and reach organizational goals, while contributing to the common good.
What differentiates the program from others?
This Seton Hall online M.B.A. program stands apart with because:
- It is among the 1 percent worldwide to earn both business and accounting accreditation from the AACSB.
- Enables you to specialize your focus by selecting a generalist track or a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Marketing.
- Engage in applied coursework that provides insights from industry experts, applied projects and guest lectures from leading executives.
- Includes a capstone project that delivers hands-on consulting experience while integrating functional tools and skillsets.
- Is taught by instructors who are highly sought consultants and who undergo continual professional development to offer you the most current real-world business insights.
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
How do I begin the application process?
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at (844) 823-1198 or Request More Information.