Below are some answers to commonly asked questions about Seton Hall University’s online M.B.A. program.
Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.B.A. offered by Seton Hall University?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors in a fully online format.
Are transfer credits accepted?
Yes. You could potentially transfer up to 6 credit hours towards the Seton Hall M.B.A. program.
What are the admissions requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on criteria that include:
- $75 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Applicants are considered based on individual merit and evaluated holistically
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Statement of purpose addressing your reason for pursuing graduate study
- Letter of recommendation from a colleague or faculty member
- Standardized test score (i.e., GMAT, GRE, LSAT) in the 30th percentile or higher*
- International students require a minimum TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 score
For more information visit Stillman Graduate Admissions COVID-19 Response.
The Stillman School of Business offers pathways for you to be considered for admission to grad school without taking the GMAT or GRE. Any of the below criteria can waive the entrance exam requirement.
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher OR
- A graduate degree in any discipline, from an accredited academic institution OR
- Completion of a Stillman School of Business graduate certificate within the last 5 years with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 OR
- Successful completion of a professional certifying exam from the United States (i.e., CPA, CFA, etc.) OR
- 5 years of significant professional, quantitative or entrepreneurial work experience, also referred to as the Alternate Route Admission Program
How long will the program take to complete?
The M.B.A program takes 24 to 36 months to complete.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
The degree is almost entirely online, except for a two-day on-campus orientation residency that is required for new students. The orientation program’s cost is included as part of the overall program tuition, except for travel costs, which are the responsibility of the student.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Tuition for the 40-credit M.B.A. program is $1,380 per credit hour, for a total cost of $54,000.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. The M.B.A. program is among the top 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have achieved both business and accounting accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What will I learn in the program?
- Build your functional and cross-functional business knowledge in an integrative manner.
- Learn to apply critical thinking and analysis skills to complex business situations and problems.
- Build the management skills to anticipate, identify, and respond to changes in global environments and articulate how to strategically leverage international opportunities.
- Develop the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate in a wide variety of business settings with diverse audiences.
- Build the leadership skills necessary to foster community, achieve consensus and reach organizational goals, while contributing to the common good.
What differentiates the program from others?
This Seton Hall online M.B.A. program stands apart with because:
- Is among the 1 percent worldwide to earn both business and accounting accreditation from the AACSB.
- Enables you to specialize your focus by selecting a generalist track or a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Marketing.
- Engages in applied coursework that provides insights from industry experts, applied projects and guest lectures from leading executives.
- Includes a capstone project that delivers hands-on consulting experience while integrating functional tools and skill sets.
- Is taught by instructors who are highly sought consultants and who undergo continual professional development to offer you the most current real-world business insights.
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
What does it mean for a university to be accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program?
CFA Recognition Status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70 percent of the CFA program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which positions students well as they prepare to take the CFA exams.
What is the CFA Institute Research Challenge?
The CFA Institute Research Challenge is an annual, global competition that provides university students with hands-on mentoring from industry professionals and intensive training in financial analysis.
Students work in teams to research and analyze a publicly traded company and then write a research report on their assigned company with a buy, sell, or hold recommendation. Each Research Challenge season leverages the efforts of more than 140 CFA member societies, 3,500 member volunteers, and 5,000 students from more than 1,000 universities.
In the 15 years Seton Hall has competed in the program, its team:
- Placed in the regional "Final Four" 11 times
- Won regional three times
- Made the Global Final two times, most recently in 2017
- Was the first team from NYSSA to champion the American Region
What is the Chartered Financial Analyst credential?
The CFA is the most widely recognized credential in the global financial markets. The designation means students have proven their level of preparedness for roles related to investment management, wealth management, portfolio management, institutional trading, and more.
How do I begin the application process?
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at (844) 823-1198 or Request More Information.